Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Serving God is never convenient

My walk of Christianity have been more than 4 years and it's on going. I'm starting my fifth years soon. I met all sort of different thinking of Christianity which really drive me nuts as well as people that really impressed me.

I've been serving God for more than 3 years, CG has been a place for me to serve God through His people. Serving as a guitarist, game leader, leading warmth and also offering challenges. Serving in CG is the best moment for me because I'm doing something great for the Lord.

We can learn a lot of things by serving together with other members, I also heard a lot of excuses from other members telling me why they can't serve and etc.

"Serving God is from the heart, action not so important."
"God understands, just take a break."
"I'm not holy, let those holy people to serve."
"I'm not free"

More and more excuses that I heard from them trying to avoid serving.

Serving God is never convenient, if you are feeling comfortable with what you are doing, it means that it's about time for you to move on doing something greater for God. Can you imagine if God bless you only when He is free and convenient?

Which state are you in today? Pushing yourself to do something great for God or remain on your comfort zone, doing what you are good with?


~by Vernard Lim on Thursday, August 12, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment